• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Roland XR-640 and GX-640

I have 2 XR-640 printers that run all the time between printing and cutting. We are looking at purchasing a GX-640 to help speed up the cutting.
Does anyone use an external roland cutter to cut your prints?
Does it hold close tolerances?

rjssigns

Get a Summa. Take a couple minutes and compare tracking and repeatability specs. That should help you make a decision.

"That's all I got to say about that".
F. Gump

splizaat

I think most people will agree that you should go with a SUMMA cutter....and roland printer. Pair up the two. From what I've read, the summa is a far more exact cutter...but this is just from what I've read on here.

toomeycustoms

We've got a XR and a GX640. The only thing I like about the 2 together is the ease of use with Versaworks, but I'd sell our GX-640 to get a SUMMA. Roland and close tolerances are 2 words that don't usually go together.

sierragirl78

Printer, Cutter, Web Designer, Graphic Designer
We're using a GX-640 Camm 1. It does ok. Seems to get the job done but we're mostly doing 3-4" basic shape cutouts. Rectangles, Circles, etc.