• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using standoffs for donor walls

SBD Jodi

HI,

I am new to using stand offs & cable systems & I wondered if most people use glass or acrylic for the
panels and also my customer is looking for having some panels with vinyl only as well as some with prints
only so I'm not sure if it's best to apply the content from the back side of the top panel for
a more dimension look and then apply a second panel to the backside? Or is it okay to just use one panel
and apply content to the front side?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jodi

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Acrylic panels, single panel, using standoffs, and almost always apply graphics to back side. We make hundreds of them each year.

Attachments

• 2014-03-04 16.47.jpg
    2014-03-04 16.47.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 85

themadsigntist

Material

If you apply to the backside, that would mean your material would have to have adhesive on the front. What material are you using that is like that? We are new to stand offs also and were applying to the front and they turned out great, but would be interested in the backside application.

reQ

If you apply to the backside, that would mean your material would have to have adhesive on the front. What material are you using that is like that? We are new to stand offs also and were applying to the front and they turned out great, but would be interested in the backside application.
If you are talking about digital prints - print mirror on clear, then laminate with white & cut after. Simple

fresh

Cut vinyl - cut mirror and apply on the back of the panel :))

Most colors are the same on the front and back, but I know (at least) the Cast Pantone colors from Avery are white on the reverse side. Sooo, just double check that the cut vinyl has clear adhesive. I would assume all calendared vinyls are fine to use.