• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Summa with Macintosh

jmcnicoll

Anyone out there using a summa cutter and doing your design work on a mac with Illustrator? We have 3 large format printers using the EFI Fiery rip and need to purchase a cutter for decals and related. Vendor tells us the summa isn't the best choice do to their software being PC only. Summa tells me there are third party software packages that will work, but I'd like to hear the results from a user. Any info would be great.

thanks,

Jim

Mac34

I am using an 8yr. old PowerMac, Vinyl Express Master software from 1997, and my Summa T-Series 30" cutter is probably only a couple years old... and it all does everything I need it to :) I would buy another Summa cutter in a heartbeat! Good luck!

artsnletters

i've been using flexi, an OLD mac g3 and a summa T-610 and a Summa T-750 for years. You just need a program with appropriate drivers, like flexi.
Tim

jmcnicoll

Are you guys just cutting vinyl lettering? We want to do that as well as print on our mimakis via our Fiery rip and then contour cut printed vinyl.

jim

Bill Modzel

Jim,
I'll point you towards Graphtec. It comes with Illy CS2 plug in drivers. It sets registration marks for digital printing and cutting. I'm running a PosterJet RIP via Parallels/windoz XP right now and the combo works great.