• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using the eye dropper in flexi

Gordy Saunders

I design in Flexi Pro. I rip and print using VersaWorks. I print on a XP-540.

Today I designed and printed some prints for magnetics. I used the eye dropper to carry the color from the logo to the fonts that I used in the design.

I was using a really wierd color green from the Pantone Swatch Table in Flexi.

After printing them I noticed that the color was off in one line of copy in the work. I went back to the computer and tried to figure out why one line of copy would be off in color.

Here is what I noticed, that I hadn't paid attention to before. When I use the eye dropper, the swatch on my color indicator in Flexi does not continue to give me a written discription of the color that I am using.

I'm thinking that since it is a really wierd color that the eye dropper might have hit on a pixel that is used to mix the color, and that is where the wrong color came from.

I went back and used the swatch table itself to correct the color, and it came out perfect.

This is the first time that I have had this problem, but I have only recently started using the pantone swatch table.

Does one have to be cautious in using the eye dropper in instances like this one.

Does any one have any input on this issue.

Thanks
Gordy

Jesse_gvi

I've noticed that happening if I'm zoomed out too much and use it. I just make sure to check that the description's still there.

There's a lot of things here and there about Flexi (we use 7.6) that really annoy me. The biggest is the scaling (ctrl-k) only going to 1 decimal point, regardless of preference settings.