• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using the "perf cut" (Half Cut) tool on CJV30-130

thesignpad

I am experimenting with the half cut (perf cut) tool. In rasterlink 5 SG there is an option to do a "square" cut perf cut around the decal, but that doesn't really help me. I would like to use a custom contour cut one, is this possible? IE lets say I have a circle contour cut decal, I would then like to put a perf cut shape about a 1/2" out from that...Anyone know of a way to accomplish this? or can you only do square cut from the rasterlink software?

mswprint

I too have been experimenting with this. You can have the "half cut" cut what ever you want. Assuming that you use illustrator, you put what to half cut on its own layer. Then, in the output to rasterlink window, there is a little arrow on the right side above the layers. Click on it and hit "specify the tool on each layer" you then select HLF on the layer that you want the half cut. Then finish outputting to rasterlink.

bloobird0

In order to do half cut you need to move your blade in the front position of your blade holder on the plotter

there is only one position for the blade on a CJV30....

In order to use half cut: it works like any other cut but select the cut configuration "half cut" instead of cut1 or cut2 cut3 or cut4.

I recommand to cut once with any of the cut1 to cut4 tool configuration and once more with the half cut at the same position or spaced around 0,01mm from the first cut line (in this case you need different cut path in your design).

Be careful, half cut damages the cutting strip very quickly.