• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using VersaWorks with GS-24, X-3 and XP

Escritar

I'd like to use VersaWorks with a GX-24, CorelDraw X-3 and Windows XP, is there any hope?

If there is hope, on the Roland download site, which files should be downloaded?

Escritar

Thanks for your response.

I currently use CutStudio, however, my reason for inquiring about using VersaWorks with GX-24/X3/XP was to determine if I could "cut an image" from vinyl, then increase the knife force and use the "contour cut" function in VersaWorks to "perforate" the backing paper. this would eliminate having to manually cut aroundthe perimeter of the vinyl image when I "layer" one vinyl color upon another vinyl color used as a background.

Since VersaWorks apparently will not work with the GX-24/X3/XP combination, does anyone have any ideas how I could use the GX-24/X3/XP to accomplish the task?

dcurtisroland

I'd like to use VersaWorks with a GX-24, CorelDraw X-3 and Windows XP, is there any hope?

If there is hope, on the Roland download site, which files should be downloaded?

You can only use VersaWorks for print/cut with the GX cutters. You can't send cut only files because VersaWorks turns on the optic eye to look for crop marks.

But you can print from VersaWorks with a Roland inkjet and contour cut that printed file from VersaWorks with a GX.

For cut only files, CutStudio is the way to go.

-Dana