• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Your Profession for Christmas Decorations

OneUpTenn

I am trying really hard to come up with some ideas to make my own Christmas decorations for my home using all this expensive equipment that I have just laying around the shop.

Anyway, if you guys have used your sign making skills/equipment to make unique Christmas decorations please let me know. I am drawing a blank here.

rcook99

A great use for scrap vinyl is wrapping paper!

Greg I suppose you give that to someone you really like! Just stick the vinyl to the item you are wrapping and sit and laugh you a$$ off watching them try to unwrap it. I like that idea, I can think of a few people that I would love to do that too.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

300mphGraphics

I was trying to figure out how to print and wrap something that would look like a Christmas tree for our little town's Hometown Christmas. Thought about balled up weeded vinyl for ball ornaments. In the end, I gave up.

I've used vinyl for wrapping paper. I always try and come up with unique wrapping ideas. Favorite so far was fruit roll-ups. Edible wrapping paper. Cost me twice as much as the gift inside.

rfulford

A couple of years ago, I created some routered snowflake graphics on white styrene. My girlfriend loved them. I just took a few vector snowflakes and overlapped them in illustrator. The table time was crazy but the looked awesome.

Circleville Signs

Our Christmas tree sits right in front of our front door window so my wife was nervous about people seeing all the gifts. Our door has a total of nine 6"x11" glass rectangles. I designed a nice looking christmas scene, printed it in a grid onto 70/30 perf, and installed it. Looks great, and no one can see in unless we are home with the lights on!

Gary

This was a few years ago but when I was working for another company they had lots of 6in diameter tubes laying around. I created a nutcracker design that wrapped around the tube. I cut down a couple 3in diameter and wrapped those for the arms. I used the tube caps that they use to protect the vinyl for shipping for the feet of the nutcracker.

I might have the files and some pictures on my laptop. I'll see if I can find them.