• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using your sign business to create unique Christmas gifts

ronl1975

I got my wife a new car this year and between my Roland and laser cutter I will make her a puzzle (maybe 50 pieces or such) for her to put together of the following picture :.. Any other ideas going on out there ?

Attachments

• lincoln.jpg
    lincoln.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 90
Every christmas a bunch of my racer buddies and the wives/girlfriends get together and have a white elephant party where you trade gifts between everybody. I print up a bunch of the rudest most obnoxious slogans on some of the t-shirt inventory I have left over from jobs and it always is the hit of the party.

Allied Digital

I used my equipmet to print personalized labels to put on the gifts
unfortunately, I can't afford me to make gifts (too busy) but one day I will!

weaselboogie

I sent out wine, cheese and chocolate to a few of my best customers. Had to ship it through the winery because it's alcohol. I wrapped cardboard boxes with red vinyl and white polka dots and little cartoony tags. Every single employee commented about the boxes and asked where I got them and after telling them what I do, they asked for a card and inquired about an upcoming sign project.

3dsignco

Last Year I made 3Dsignco Candy Bars. Routed out a Dimensional "Candy Bar" from 1/2 Acrylic then made a few RTV molds. (Food Safe RTV Rubber from Dow Corning) then Cast the Chocolate Bars, wrapped them in the gold Bake Potato Foil.. Were a great hit.. Didn't get the time to make some this year.

I am making a custom Air Cleaner for my Wife for her 69 Mach (we are restoring.) from 1/2 Plate Alum. I will post it once it's done.

Gotta Love having a Motorhead wife. How many guys can actually get away with buying a Fully matched Edelbrock Performer Carb. Manifold, Roller Cam, Lifters and Rockers and a having the Manifold Plumbed for Nitrous. (Hidden in the valley) And actually get to wrap it for their wife and they are ecstatic for that type of gift.. Sure beats buying a Vacuum Cleaner. (As I get hit in the side of the head)

Idea Design

Last Year I made 3Dsignco Candy Bars. Routed out a Dimensional "Candy Bar" from 1/2 Acrylic then made a few RTV molds. (Food Safe RTV Rubber from Dow Corning) then Cast the Chocolate Bars, wrapped them in the gold Bake Potato Foil.. Were a great hit.. Didn't get the time to make some this year.

That is easily the coolest idea for a company gift so far. I'd be interested in having molds made with my logo. What do you s'pose that would cost?

I like to etch glass coffee mugs, beer glasses and mugs, and pitchers. Always a big hit for weddings and events of the like.

Last year one of my racer buddies got married and I was one of his groomsmen. I did the other groomsmen and myself custom 25 oz beer mugs acid etched with each of our logos. The bartenders at the reception knew which glasses were to be filled for free throughout the night.

Customization is king. All you gotta do it think about it a little bit.

Just Me

i did one of these 1:24 scale diecast cars today for one of my better customers..just a quick job but makes a nice Christmas gift:thumb:

Attachments

• 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 75

3dsignco

Here are some Links for Food Grade Silicones. I prefer the Downcorning as it is one of the rubbers I use to make sign parts also. I buy it in the 10 and 50 pound kits so it runs me about $10 a pound. 1 pound kits run around $22 -$27... You can also use these to make Ice Sculptures.

http://www.dowcorning.com/applications/search/default.aspx?R=23EN

These guys sell a rubber that doesn't need to be Vacuumed/Degassed.

http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/

If you want me to make them send me a PM and we a figure it out, Mold won't be to much. Guessing around $40 - $50 for the mold plus any machining time for the master.

Make sure get a rubber that's safe for food contact. I have some other rubbers that I use, But if I used them for food it would give you the trotts since the silicone leaches out into the food.