• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USTECH AK-600 Great Service but is anyone else having this problem?

TDFcustomSL

First off, I am NOT here to listen to people tell me I should expect problems with a cheap piece of crap. I am NOT here to hear people try to talk me into buying a different "better" machine. I am simply here to ask if anyone else with a US Tech laminator has had issues with the speed control. I purchased this machine because it is perfect for my work load and its what I could afford at the time. I have had the machine about a year and just installed my 3rd speed control unit about a month ago. It went out on me AGAIN last night and it is very very irritating. I paid to have it shipped over night and now I regret spending that 50 dollars because I am down yet again. The support from Dave has been outstanding and the laminator overall has been nothing but good, other than the speed issue. I am starting to wonder if theres not an electrical issue deeper than just the speed control box. If ANYONE can offer some help, or knowledge it would be greatly appreciated. Knowing my luck Ill be the only person having this issue. Thanks!

TDFcustomSL

I just received an email from Dave with us tech. he informed me that he believes it is the speed adjustment knob. Heres the kicker...I have replaced that at the same time I replaced the very first speed controller. This may seem like im rambling but bear with me please. I can have a speed controller go bad, take it out put it back in, still no speed control. Replace it with a new module and it works fine. That unit stops working, replace it again with another box, ship the defective one back. They test the defective box in their machines and tell me it works fine. I am at an absolute loss as to why they will go bad in my machine, but work in their machine. and why a new box in my machine will fix the problem for a short amount of time. I am not able to notice and shorted wires or bare wires or anything of the sort that could be causing this issue. Now I am no electrician but I do have an automotive background and some basic wiring knowledge but I am just about to the point where im convinced this machine is a lemon from the factory.