• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USTECH VT-9600 Laminator badley rusted frame

Mr. T

Has anyone else had a problem with the paint flaking off the frame? It just came in and it is still in the crate. Before anyone jumps on my **** about you get what you pay for..... A friend of mine has one and has had great success with it. I don't know if this is a recent issue with them? I am waiting on a call back from Dave now.

FatCat

Nope, our AK-600 is still going strong almost 4 years now. I would assume that is an issue from the factory, almost like it wasn't prepped properly before paint. Is the paint on the laminator unit itself OK? Maybe the stands are assembled in a different place, etc. Regardless Dave should be able to get you sorted out, hoping this is just an isolated issue.

Please post back with an update.

Mr. T

It's just the main support cross piece. Its like they painted right over the rusted metal. It wont hurt performance but when you see paint flaking and its still in the crate I get a lil disapointed. We are negotiating right now. If I was to sell it tomorrow the resale would be wayyy down because of it.

FatCat

It's just the main support cross piece. Its like they painted right over the rusted metal. It wont hurt performance but when you see paint flaking and its still in the crate I get a lil disapointed. We are negotiating right now. If I was to sell it tomorrow the resale would be wayyy down because of it.

I completely understand, and would feel the same in your shoes. You don't expect new equipment to have rust on it. Dave has a good reputation here, and I don't doubt he'll give you the option to replace it, or give you a significant discount to compensate.

In the end, it's purely cosmetic - if it's terrible a quick swipe with some sand paper and a quick buzz bomb special should do the trick if you wind up keeping it. :cool: