• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Cleaning Solution

Alanwallis

hi i am looking for some help i have a gerber solara v2 uv printer im trying to restore does anyone know of a solution to unblock the heads and if purchaseable a link to where i can find it please . or a home made brew if you would be so kind to share its not like the pigment uv its different and has the lamps both sides of the head
struggling to free them off any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

temeeee

Hi.
Unlike pigment inks or eco-solvent inks, UV ink creates a gel inside the nozzles that solidifies over time, so there is no solvent (that I know of) that can allow the head to start printing again. UV print heads should be maintained daily to avoid these problems. If you want to try, you can use isopropyl alcohol with a microfiber cloth and rub each nozzle head multiple times (like in this video:
). I recommend figuring out if the problem is actually clogged nozzles or if it might be an electronic issue, in which case you would unfortunately have to replace the head.
I hope this was helpful.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
If the ink isn't cured and the capping station has done its job keeping light out, UV heads are typically recoverable. WAY more often than solvent heads in my experience. The main thing is using a flushing solvent designed for the UV ink type as well as checking the lines. Not uncommon to find blockages in the lines themselves (usually requiring line replacement due to just how stubborn the ink can be if it polymerizes/hardens). If you can't get OEM flush, if you have a preferred aftermarket ink supplier, ask them for a universal UV flush that might be compatible. For less stubborn clogs, isopropanol can work just fine. If you feel a bit more daring, ethyl acetate is a decent choice as well.

signheremd

I second using OEM flush. In my experience Isopropyl Alcohol also works on some, Denatured Alcohol on others depending on chemistry - they often need to soak in order to react with the alcohol or flush. The right flush is usually better. But if the machine sat for too long it may be a forlorn hope.

Alanwallis

thank you for your replys no capping station on a gerber solara v2 it just sits in a dock like the one in the video above at least i have a better understanding on the mechanism as i have never encountered a printer that doesnt have a caping station before thanks for putting the video up
much apreciated