• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uv Clear Coat

Cynosure

I am getting some signs printed and contour cut from signs365 since i can't route the nice smooth edges myself... they say the signs come with a clear coat for protection during shipping, but can't say if it is UV protectant. Has anyone tried coating a latex uv printed sign (on acm)? Any help is appreciated!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I am sure it is also a UV protectant. I am pretty sure they run a piece like this:

You really won't need it, the Latex inks are very durable outdoors with no lamination already.

henryz

I think if you route the panels you should clear coat them, the print does tend to chip at least from what I noticed. We did these panels and printed on ACM turned out nice after we applied a satin clear coat they were broken into pan faces.

Attachments

• mckinney church2.jpg
    mckinney church2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 176
  • mckinney church.jpg
    mckinney church.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 175

Cynosure

What would be a recommended clear coat? Clearjet? Clear shield? Frog juice? We use a roland, so standard roll lami ate on everything. This liquid laminate is uncharted for me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk