• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uv Coating System, Excellent!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
There was a thread the other day about the Drytac UV Coater and I had just been approached a few weeks ago by the MFG of the UV Coaters. I went did some demos on the one from Tec Lighting and to be honest, I am amazed that every major company doesn't run one of these yet. It will UV coat for $0.08 sq.ft, super fast through put speeds, amazing quality, and great people. I met with the owner and he is a great guy with lots of industry experience.

More info on these machines can be found here: http://www.teclighting.com/products/megacoat-xl-63/
Some cool videos of it in action can be found here:

If anyone is interested in learning more just let me know.

solock

There was a thread the other day about the Drytac UV Coater and I had just been approached a few weeks ago by the MFG of the UV Coaters. I went did some demos on the one from Tec Lighting and to be honest, I am amazed that every major company doesn't run one of these yet. It will UV coat for $0.08 sq.ft, super fast through put speeds, amazing quality, and great people. I met with the owner and he is a great guy with lots of industry experience.

More info on these machines can be found here: http://www.teclighting.com/products/megacoat-xl-63/
Some cool videos of it in action can be found here:

If anyone is interested in learning more just let me know.

What is the initial cost of the machine though?
Does it support matte and gloss through roller and speed settings or is a drain and rinse necessary?
It looks like 15-20' long so there is that issue.
Cost of electricity and its installation are another issue.

Interesting technology, and really speeds up turnaround and much cheaper to run im sure, but it appears to be a substantial investment.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The machine is about $76k, it supports Gloss, Matte, Satin, UL Slip Resistant Coating for Floor Graphics, It also does flood coats of white, Also optically clear for window perf. This coating will stretch up to 200 percent so you can still use it for any wrap application.

Drain and rinse is necessary and you just need to remove any residue on the rollers. It takes a 220v and installation isn't that difficult, but it is done by the MFG so you are in good hands. I can send you the footprint drawing if you would like to see it. Companies like Circle Graphics run this specific unit and I am sure they have great things to say about it, I believe they are running at least 3 of them currently.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Those numbers, speed, and features are really impressive. I'm amazed it can cure the liquid lam that fast at those speeds! These will also accept sheets up to 1" or something right? Is that $76k including delivery/set up/training? Can they be shipped and sold to Canadian market? What's after sales service like?

We have no need for one of these right now since we're out of space but can definitely see a use for it in the future. Wallpaper and just about anything would be so much more efficient (time and cost wise) doing it this way.

Since its UV it drys instantly once it hits the UV light, so doing those speeds are no problem. It will go up to 1" on substrates, they can be shipped to Canada no problem. Delivery is not included but setup and training are included. After sales is phenomenal, the machines are work horses and the MFG staff has hundreds of techs here in the US and I will find out about Canadian techs.

Neotomaz

Since its UV it drys instantly once it hits the UV light, so doing those speeds are no problem. It will go up to 1" on substrates, they can be shipped to Canada no problem. Delivery is not included but setup and training are included. After sales is phenomenal, the machines are work horses and the MFG staff has hundreds of techs here in the US and I will find out about Canadian techs.
I have a question abotue UV lamination. Do you laminate prints printed with seolvent or UV printer? Which brand UV coat/liquide do you use? Zou are able to set how much microns are you applay to print? Is it ok for outside application on cars and vans?