• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

uv cured questions - ink durability, application

pindesign

Hi folks,

We are thinking about acquiring a UV printer second hand (Vutek 180/600)

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Any opinions?

We want it to print semi-rigid backlit applications,

Also it may be useful if we can print on self-adhesive media.

The self-adhesive applications will be installed on flat surface, but may be rolled for shipping... does anyone have any idea if cracking of the ink will be an issue under these circumstances?

Can anyone give some idea as to the general durability of UV inks vs solvent and eco solvent? i.e. resistance to sun fade / cleaning / physical damage..

Thanks very much for your help!

Gareth

Greg Lamb

vutek 180

Gareth,
Be real careful with that machine, it was a fine machine when introduced but it is basically at the end of life, not sure if you can get parts anymore, be sure to check with Vutek before you move ahead. Curious, what are they asking for it? Have you considered a bit more modern Vutek? Based on your budget I could make some more solid suggestions for you.
More recent version offer 3M flexible inks so you will not have any problems printing on adhesive backed vinyl, rolling them etc. 3M uv also offer a 5 year MCS warranty when printed on 3m media and overlaminated with 3m material, you will not get that warranty with any of the ecosolvent inks or the solvent inks unless its 3M brand.

Greg