• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV fixture for screenprinted yard signs

Bethany

Hello everyone!

So we've got a setup for garment screenprinting. We're trying to figure out how to get set up to start doing 18x24 yard signs using UV ink.

We do already have a conveyor dryer for the garments. Is there a way to mount a uv fixture on the dryer so the conveyor belt just pulls the signs under the light? I have been googling this for days with no result. We've already figured out how we'd do the print itself, but the UV light thing - not sure how to make sure I have the right light, the right distance, etc. Every time I google this I get info on exposure for the screen films which isn't what I'm trying to do. Boss is pretty set on UV inks (and I'm not even sure if they can be done with regular inks anyway).

Or am I way out in left field?

Turnergraphics

American ultraviolet company should be able to answer your question. You'll probably end up buying a used uv dryer and moving the necessary parts to your tshirt dryer. I'll tell you that gluing coroplast to your shirt platens will be a challenge but can be done with repositional glue. It would be easier to buy a flatbed press and a uv dryer if you have the room

Bethany

American ultraviolet company should be able to answer your question. You'll probably end up buying a used uv dryer and moving the necessary parts to your tshirt dryer. I'll tell you that gluing coroplast to your shirt platens will be a challenge but can be done with repositional glue. It would be easier to buy a flatbed press and a uv dryer if you have the room

Thank you! I'll check with them.