• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Hybrid for Banners and Soft Rigids

jkloste2

Hi all,

We are looking to expand our market and start offering rigid materials. Right now, we are doing all solvent and dye sublimation work. I'm curious if anyone can recommend a hybrid machine that we could use for banners and POP, but still use for soft rigids. I've been trying to find a solution to have a few multi-purpose machines as opposed to many single-purpose machines. A while back, a rep from HP was here showing off the new Latex 3000, and it would work for almost everything we are doing now, but it doesn't do rigids. Our big drawback with UV is that we use hot air and rf welding techniques to finish some of our banners. It's my understanding that RF and hot air won't work for banners that are UV printed. Sorry for my ignorance, I don't have any experience with UV or Latex.

Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks!

Kathi Hauser

Sign Girl
Mutoh Hybrid

VJ1617H
http://www.mutoh.com/products/valuejet-1617h/
I have sold and installed 4 of these recently...MP ink is not nearly as harsh as the solvent you are probably used to. Ventilation is not required.
Mutoh has a UV Hybrid also using LED curable UV ink...but you are not going to find a perfect all in one hybrid printer that will print all substrates perfectly.

dglenniu

Stilll looking at Mutoh VJ 1617H

Hi - are you still considering the Mutoh 1617H? I have a used one that I can no longer use. We didn't use it for banners, but tried it with another substrate. We just had the entire insides (print head, ink pumps, cap assembly, hoses) replaced, as part of a cleaning overhaul. If interested, contact me. Don't spend $50K on a new one.

Thanks

David

Hi all,

We are looking to expand our market and start offering rigid materials. Right now, we are doing all solvent and dye sublimation work. I'm curious if anyone can recommend a hybrid machine that we could use for banners and POP, but still use for soft rigids. I've been trying to find a solution to have a few multi-purpose machines as opposed to many single-purpose machines. A while back, a rep from HP was here showing off the new Latex 3000, and it would work for almost everything we are doing now, but it doesn't do rigids. Our big drawback with UV is that we use hot air and rf welding techniques to finish some of our banners. It's my understanding that RF and hot air won't work for banners that are UV printed. Sorry for my ignorance, I don't have any experience with UV or Latex.

Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks!