Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UV inhibitor after silkscreening coro

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by wedosigns, Sep 25, 2012.

1. wedosigns

wedosigns Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I am looking for the most cost effective way to apply some UV protection to some signs after silk screening them. I am printing fluorescent colors and am trying to offer some protection against the uv's.
    I have been pressing the signs with clear with UV inhibiter on the last screen for now.
    I am looking for something that I can spray and dries quickly. Something I can buy in 5 gal pails as I am do tens of thousands of these.
    Any input would be great.
    Thanks
    Bruce

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  3. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

I would be very interested to hear if you find anything that works. We run the Fluorescent as the last color to limit the UV exposure during cure, (as it seems you do too) but other than that we have not found something that can keep the color from fading in a couple of weeks outdoors without getting too costly.

4. wedosigns

wedosigns Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Thanks for the replies.
    I have been considering the clearstar products but wanted more options.