• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV ink cost

Quark

Merchant Member
Hi, just wondering what are you paying for your UV ink cost to digitally print yard signs? We’ve got one the latest and greatest, but our ink cost is at about $110, which I think is very hard to be competitive with ? I assume for the volume yard sign digital the ink cost should be on the $60 at all best and about $80 at average ?

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
You really can't compare liter to liter costs between UV printers. The gas mileage varies wildly. As an example, the Colorado inks per liter are $170 but the average cost-per-square is $.08/ft2. We also sell Fluid Color UV printers and their inks are $125/liter and most users claim to be a hair under $.10/ft2. As for Vutek...I see some Vutek users paying as much as $125 and some as low as $60/liter for the same ink which I think is crazy. UV ink for Roland is much higher (as are all of the small UV machines).