• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Uv ink easily peeled off.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
I have a Flatbed UVprinter 9060. Thr can be easily peeled off. It is a disappointment we keep rejecting customer. Pls help how to fix this.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You need a lot more info to get good answers, but I would say that you need to focus on the curing. I don't think you have enough dwell time until full cure is achieved. This is causing the ink to cure to itself but not fully bite in to the surface.

Andy D

Is it peeling up on several different substrates?
If so, most times I have had UV ink peel right up, it has been a UV light issue and/or
too much ink problem. Like paint, if you put too much on, the bottom layer doesn't cure correctly.
You might also need to try increasing or replacing the UV lights.
What I would do is print a light color box on a substrate you have been having issues with.
If it doesn't peel, I would cut a X the ink & put duct tape on it and rip it off... if it still doesn't peel, it's probably your
profile's ink limit.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone here that your lights are the first thing you'll want to check. Also, has your supplier changed the material you're printing on? Some cheaper materials haven't been treated properly to create proper ink adhesion, even if your lights are curing everything okay.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
You need a lot more info to get good answers, but I would say that you need to focus on the curing. I don't think you have enough dwell time until full cure is achieved. This is causing the ink to cure to itself but not fully bite in to the surface.
Okay. But the ink i have says it is rigid. Means it cant be bent. Does it have anything to do with all these? Its called RIGID UV ink for epson dx5 2019

Andy D

Okay. But the ink i have says it is rigid. Means it cant be bent. Does it have anything to do with all these? Its called RIGID UV ink for epson dx5 2019

On our Agfa Anapurna, when we bought it, it got set up with Gen1 Ink, which was very brittle and would chip when we cut the substrate.
We paid to switch over to (I think) Gen5, and that was much more flexible and solved 90% of our issues.
I would check and see if your printer manufacturer offers a more flexible ink for your printer.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
On our Agfa Anapurna, when we bought it, it got set up with Gen1 Ink, which was very brittle and would chip when we cut the substrate.
We paid to switch over to (I think) Gen5, and that was much more flexible and solved 90% of our issues.
I would check and see if your printer manufacturer offers a more flexible ink for your printer.
Can i use any uv ink?

Andy D

Can i use any uv ink?

No, you have to use one that's spec'd for your printer.
There are probably 3rd party inks you can switch to, if you choose, but that can be risky.
We have changed other UV printers over & some ink providers will send a teck to make the change free of charge.
Nazdar offers ink for several types of printers, you can talk to them, but I would rule out the lights and profiles before
I switched inks.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
Thanks. Let me try.
No, you have to use one that's spec'd for your printer.
There are probably 3rd party inks you can switch to, if you choose, but that can be risky.
We have changed other UV printers over & some ink providers will send a teck to make the change free of charge.
Nazdar offers ink for several types of printers, you can talk to them, but I would rule out the lights and profiles before
I switched inks.