Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Uv ink easily peeled off.

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by sethkyejo, Mar 9, 2020.

1. sethkyejo

sethkyejo Ally Rich Sanaa arts

Jan 15, 2020
    Mbeya, Tanzania
    I have a Flatbed UVprinter 9060. Thr can be easily peeled off. It is a disappointment we keep rejecting customer. Pls help how to fix this.

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    You need a lot more info to get good answers, but I would say that you need to focus on the curing. I don't think you have enough dwell time until full cure is achieved. This is causing the ink to cure to itself but not fully bite in to the surface.

3. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    depends on what your printing to but not everything will have good adhesion with every UV ink.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Is it peeling up on several different substrates?
    If so, most times I have had UV ink peel right up, it has been a UV light issue and/or
    too much ink problem. Like paint, if you put too much on, the bottom layer doesn't cure correctly.
    You might also need to try increasing or replacing the UV lights.
    What I would do is print a light color box on a substrate you have been having issues with.
    If it doesn't peel, I would cut a X the ink & put duct tape on it and rip it off... if it still doesn't peel, it's probably your
    profile's ink limit.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  5. peterprintingparty

peterprintingparty New Member

Jun 20, 2019
    New Mexico
    I agree with everyone here that your lights are the first thing you'll want to check. Also, has your supplier changed the material you're printing on? Some cheaper materials haven't been treated properly to create proper ink adhesion, even if your lights are curing everything okay.

6. sethkyejo

Jan 15, 2020
    Mbeya, Tanzania
    Okay. But the ink i have says it is rigid. Means it cant be bent. Does it have anything to do with all these? Its called RIGID UV ink for epson dx5 2019

7. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Depending on the media you may need a more flexible ink.

8. sethkyejo

Jan 15, 2020
    Mbeya, Tanzania
    Can you recommend one?. Or the supplier

9. Andy D

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    On our Agfa Anapurna, when we bought it, it got set up with Gen1 Ink, which was very brittle and would chip when we cut the substrate.
    We paid to switch over to (I think) Gen5, and that was much more flexible and solved 90% of our issues.
    I would check and see if your printer manufacturer offers a more flexible ink for your printer.

10. sethkyejo

Jan 15, 2020
    Mbeya, Tanzania
    Can i use any uv ink?

11. Andy D

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    No, you have to use one that's spec'd for your printer.
    There are probably 3rd party inks you can switch to, if you choose, but that can be risky.
    We have changed other UV printers over & some ink providers will send a teck to make the change free of charge.
    Nazdar offers ink for several types of printers, you can talk to them, but I would rule out the lights and profiles before
    I switched inks.

12. sethkyejo

Jan 15, 2020
    Mbeya, Tanzania
    Thanks. Let me try.

13. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    The ink needs to match the wavelength of the lamps you are using or it won't cure properly.