• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uv Primer for Roland Lef

Alex C

Hi there everybody,

Hope you are fine..
I've just acquire an LEF-12 Roland UV Printer, its a nice little printer, when printing on glass the ink will not hold, it was said that it can print on most material. Is there a setting to be done?
I have read about a primer to help the adherence of the uv inks on glossy surfaces. What can be used and can it be bought from a local shop..

Thank you for your help.

AleC

William Crowe

Thanks for the Question Alex C and the reply SignMeUpGraphics.

I have a Mimaki UJF3042MkII and am experiencing the same issue with print not adhering even though our printer does have it's own primer.
I have just ordered some of the n-bond glass primer and we look forward to seeing what difference it makes...
We are hoping to apply just the one layer of cmyk over the top of the n-bond with no additional layers.
Have you found n-bond to be successful?
Or do you still need to apply clear-coats for additional protection and adhesion?

Regards,

Will.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I hate it when we make a mistake on glass now that we use N-Bond.
It can take a full hour to remove a square metre of ink from the sheet if we need to re-print.
Prior to using it, we could almost peel it off as it if was a low-tack vinyl.

William Crowe

I hate it when we make a mistake on glass now that we use N-Bond.
It can take a full hour to remove a square metre of ink from the sheet if we need to re-print.
Prior to using it, we could almost peel it off as it if was a low-tack vinyl.

That's a great problem to have given the prior result.
Thanks for the help, SignMeUpGraphics

Will.

Thanks for the Question Alex C and the reply SignMeUpGraphics.

I have a Mimaki UJF3042MkII and am experiencing the same issue with print not adhering even though our printer does have it's own primer.
I have just ordered some of the n-bond glass primer and we look forward to seeing what difference it makes...
We are hoping to apply just the one layer of cmyk over the top of the n-bond with no additional layers.
Have you found n-bond to be successful?
Or do you still need to apply clear-coats for additional protection and adhesion?

Regards,

Will.

What is your Inkset, if you have LH100, i highly recommend picking up some GM-1, a primer made by mimaki. paired with LH100 and dialing in the propper dwell time and lamp settings you shouldnt have any issue on glass.

William Crowe

What is your Inkset, if you have LH100, i highly recommend picking up some GM-1, a primer made by mimaki. paired with LH100 and dialing in the propper dwell time and lamp settings you shouldnt have any issue on glass.

Hello DustyCanine and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am using LH100 inkset.
The n-bond primer seems to have worked a real treat, and is considerably cheaper than GM-1.
Prior to this, my print was peeling off like badly sun-burnt skin.
That being said though, i will try the GM-1 and compare the results and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Will.

Keith Wright

Hi guys, we have imported some nanovations Nbond in , how does everyone get the best out of it?..the you tube video aint the best... current tests show it to be a little inconsistent (not sure if it is how i apply it) , just wondering how everyone applies the primer...we current use a uv arizona flatbed ..laying cmyk with a white flood over.. the media we print, is another australian product called Akrill clear polymer..which im sure my boss says they recommended us to use Nbond ..