Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uv Primer for Roland Lef

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Alex C, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Alex C

Alex C New Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Martinique
    Hi there everybody,

Hope you are fine..
    I've just acquire an LEF-12 Roland UV Printer, its a nice little printer, when printing on glass the ink will not hold, it was said that it can print on most material. Is there a setting to be done?
    I have read about a primer to help the adherence of the uv inks on glossy surfaces. What can be used and can it be bought from a local shop..

Thank you for your help.

AleC

Tags:
  2. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. William Crowe

William Crowe New Member

Aug 12, 2019
    MOUNT GAMBIER, SA, 5290
    Thanks for the Question Alex C and the reply SignMeUpGraphics.

I have a Mimaki UJF3042MkII and am experiencing the same issue with print not adhering even though our printer does have it's own primer.
    I have just ordered some of the n-bond glass primer and we look forward to seeing what difference it makes...
    We are hoping to apply just the one layer of cmyk over the top of the n-bond with no additional layers.
    Have you found n-bond to be successful?
    Or do you still need to apply clear-coats for additional protection and adhesion?

Regards,

Will.

4. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    I hate it when we make a mistake on glass now that we use N-Bond.
    It can take a full hour to remove a square metre of ink from the sheet if we need to re-print.
    Prior to using it, we could almost peel it off as it if was a low-tack vinyl.

• Like Like x 1
  5. William Crowe

William Crowe New Member

Aug 12, 2019
    MOUNT GAMBIER, SA, 5290
    That's a great problem to have given the prior result.
    Thanks for the help, SignMeUpGraphics

Will.

6. DustyCanine

DustyCanine New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Atlanta
    What is your Inkset, if you have LH100, i highly recommend picking up some GM-1, a primer made by mimaki. paired with LH100 and dialing in the propper dwell time and lamp settings you shouldnt have any issue on glass.

7. William Crowe

William Crowe New Member

Aug 12, 2019
    MOUNT GAMBIER, SA, 5290
    Hello DustyCanine and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am using LH100 inkset.
    The n-bond primer seems to have worked a real treat, and is considerably cheaper than GM-1.
    Prior to this, my print was peeling off like badly sun-burnt skin.
    That being said though, i will try the GM-1 and compare the results and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Will.