• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question UV print on icehockeypucks

Puckmaster

Icehockey pucks are made ov vulcanized rubber and we use a DCS 1800S printer . For printing logos etc

We have tried different solutions but at the moment a prework with medical gasolin cleaning and a acrylatic primer work best, but we are not 100% satisfied. The print seems to last longer in diffrent sizes and maybe also colours..Are there anyone that have any good advice to give us?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have a customer who makes promotional hockey pucks for the Colorado Avalanche. He uses a Mimaki JFX200 UV flat bed. Would they stand up to actual hockey use? I have no idea. Find a dealer and send them some pucks to print on. I'm sure they'd be happy to.

Superior_Adam

we print pucks all the time. They will not last in a game/practice being printed on a UV printer. They are promotional style items. Even when the game pucks are screened they don't last. You have to remember depending on the level of play that the puck could be traveling at 80+ mph hitting the walls, skates, sticks, goal post etc then you have the rougher ice surface it is gliding along after it has been skated on for 20 minutes. If you are expecting a puck to last more than 20 minutes of ice time it wont happen.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Expected life for screen-printed hockey pucks is a few minutes on the ice. I'd be worried if someone is expecting them to last longer.

flyplainsdrifta

Yeah youre looking at 3-5 shots *if* it stays unprinted side down in terms of real durability. Even the screened on ones for games only last minutes before getting scuffed. As a shelf piece or a desk piece, they should be fine.