• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV printer for promotional gifts

Ubbe3

Hi
is going to buy a UV printer for promotional gifts
Can anyone help with some pros and cons.
What brand and model should be chosen.
Need Help!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
It might help if you listed the type/range of promotional items you would like to print.

Also, promotional item are dirt cheap in quantity, so you might be better served by finding a good wholesaler unless your doing a lot of short run work and have other uses for the printer.

Ubbe3

Tanks

I've looked around a bit and understand a little how industry is working.
I will print Promoting gifts (small unique quantities) And will also print on labels and plates.
What we're after is a good printer that does not mess up. Good price and great quality output.
We are a new company.
We have Seen a need for single supplier with the flexibility of a smaller quantity. (ex. unique print on golf balls, USB stick, pens. to an event or the like.)
We also have lots of other ideas that we want to print. but can not tell really what it is, but there is writing on sheet labels

We have looked at the big suppliers of equipment (Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh, Direct Color Systems and all china manufacturer)
We would like to know everything about the advantages and disadvantages of these printers.
Which should you choose.
Thanks in advance
Urban

Robert Gruner

Urban,

I'm sure you will perform due diligence. I personally believe the best choice is the Mimaki
UJF3042HG. It is well built and very dependable.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Able

I've looked around a bit and understand a little how industry is working.
I will print Promoting gifts (small unique quantities) And will also print on labels and plates.
What we're after is a good printer that does not mess up. Good price and great quality output.
We are a new company.
We have Seen a need for single supplier with the flexibility of a smaller quantity. (ex. unique print on golf balls, USB stick, pens. to an event or the like.)
We also have lots of other ideas that we want to print. but can not tell really what it is, but there is writing on sheet labels

We have looked at the big suppliers of equipment (Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh, Direct Color Systems and all china manufacturer)
We would like to know everything about the advantages and disadvantages of these printers.
Which should you choose.
Thanks in advance
Urban

We own a Roland LEF 20, bought brand new and have been using it for a little over one year now, it prints on all the things you mentioned. On some surfaces however, you would need an adhesion promoter for bonding. There is also advice/warning in the manual to avoid printing on things that have have a mirror surface or that can reflect UV light back to the printhead. This is because such UV light reflections to the print head could dry the ink on the print head and therefore lead to blockages of the nozzle.
The machine is easy to use and maintain, but you would have to learned how to make/use jigs to print multiple items at a time.
White ink may not be very sharp on some objects if you use the standard print mode but you have the option to select high density white that would give you better white output but the print time will be slower and of course it would consume more ink.
As you may have found out, it can print on objects upto 3.94inches high and we have had to even use it to print on some small cameras for a client. Although i am having some challenges right now on my black (see my post today for help at the Roland forum) and have within this month have to change the captops (the first time within the period of over one year ownership) and may change the dampers or even the head I do not know yet, I still rate the printer high. There was a time last time we had to print over 3000 pieces of an item non-stop over more than a two week period and the machine did not disappoint.
I hope the above helps you a bit.
Able.

Ubbe3

Logojet

Having looked a little extra on Logojet Printers!
Seems like it's a really good printer and is easily serviced.
Anyone have any comments on this printer.

Able

I do not know about the logojet printer. This is actually the first time I am hearing about it. Do you have the technicians close to you who can help if you have problems? We do not have technicians close to us and therefore usually go for very reputable brand names that have proven themselves in the market place and try as much as possible to stick to the manufacturer's advice on the periodic maintenance of the machine - that way we have been able to manage so far.
Good luck.

Able

Ubbe3,
Did you buy the logojet printer? If you did, could you share with us what your experience has been?