• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions UV Printing and Epoxy Doming

kbrys

I read on here a while back that the epoxy won't stick well to the UV inks which I have experienced first hand. I was using urethane resin on UV printed Oracal 751. Has anyone tried to laminate the decal first? I have a new batch of resin shipping so I have not been able to do any tests yet.

I appreciate any advice.

Superior_Adam

We do epoxy domed name badges every day. We UV print the plastic or metal badges with a UV printer then dome right over the top of them. Have been doing it for a few years. It will come down to the type of resin and proper curing.

BKBRO

Superior_Adam is right on. Getting resin build-up to behave correctly on our Mutoh UV printer requires differentiated resins and curing methodology (including times) depending on the substrate. What works best for one substrate rarely works well (or at all) for another. Lots of testing and experimentation is needed to establish effective workflows.