• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Printing Lamp Power Questions

jasonx

Hey guys,

Been testing new substrates and trying to learn more about printing with our FB700.

With cure banding is this due to the ink not being cured enough before the next pass or not being cured enough and producing inconsistent results?

Could this also be an ink limit issue?

Increasing the lamp power and increasing the quality setting alleviates the problem so I am thinking its a combination of the two. I am just using the profiles in Onyx currently but would like to build my own after I have an understanding on the effect of the lamp power on the outcome of the prints. This tends to occur in heavy ink coverage areas so this makes sense.

Any help is appreciated before I start digging into making custom media presents and profiles for these new substrates I want to test.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We have the same issues with our QS 2000 from EFI. Lawnmower effect...whatever you want to call it. The only way to get rid of it is tighten the interlace....go from a 4 pass to a 6 pass essentially. We have done everything in order to try to lessen or eliminate it....with no luck.

jasonx

Cheers for your reply Bill. Did you try rebuilding your profiles for the substrate with lower ink limits?

I'm trying to learn about the UV ink printing process have coming from solvent and latex and the issues that affect the output with those printing processes.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We had a rep from Sericol profiling our Solvent printers at one time and enlisted his help in profiling our QS as well. They really didnt seem to help. Even running coro in a 4 color mode vs 6 color...CMYKLcLm...we still get lawnmower effect especially in darker colors.