Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uv protection for partial wrap

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Saltedlake450, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Saltedlake450

Saltedlake450 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Hi guys! I just printed a partial door wrap that Im gonna be installing without laminate. I can't remember who it was, but i read somewhere on here that I can spray some sort of UV protection spray onto the printed film once its installed? Supposibily the customer can spray it on every 2 months and the spray would protect it from the sun from fading and cracking. I think its made by 3m, but I couldnt find it, but I was able to find this on Amazon....
    http://www.amazon.com/Vinylex-1215-...341119567&sr=8-1&keywords=uv+protection+spray

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Why don't you just laminate it?

3. Saltedlake450

Saltedlake450 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    The thing is that I dont have a laminator. I can outsource the printing work along with the laminate from B2sign, but at the moment I m outsourcing from another person for way less, but they only do printing and no laminate....

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    ClearStar ClearJet is what you need. Spray it on before weeding or masking, let dry, then weed, mask and install.

5. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    If I may suggest, Please use lamination. Real lamination. Your spray won't work. And if you plan on having a happy customer who wants to return... use lam...
    also - You're going to have some ripping during install if you don;t..

6. Cale Frederick

Cale Frederick Member

May 19, 2012
    For jobs in the future lookup signsbydale on here and pm him about a solution for laminating without a laminator. As for this project I would maybe even find another sign shop close by and see if they would laminate it for you. ClearStar liquid laminate would be my second choice.

7. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    I think Clearshield would be the one to use on solvent ink prints.
    Clearjet is solvent based and might ruin the print.