• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

V2 Hex Carbon Black Vinyl Car Wrap

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
Had a customer come in today and he indicated that he had purchased this material on Amazon and wants us to install it. I have never heard of it, don't know anything about it and I am wondering what type of product it is. Looked it up on Amazon, saw some reviews and videos. It looks like it would be a decent product to work with but I am a bit leary. Any tips, tricks or suggestions welcomed.

V2 Hex Carbon Black Vinyl Car Wrap

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Never heard of it either.
First thing that would scare me off is there's nothing about expected life or vinyl type on Amazon, looked up V2's website, nothing there either. Is it a one year vinyl, a 5 year, 7 year, a craft vinyl they're passing off as automotive grade? Is it cast, calendared, or polymeric cast vinyl? Who knows, could last a week, start peeling off, and you know they'll say you installed it wrong. If it installs bad, you just wasted a bunch of time for nothing. If you look at the one & two star reviews on Amazon, same thing over and over, doesn't stick, quality and conform-ability issues, even a lot of the better reviews say the same. The utter lack of information or specs about the actual vinyl beyond it's appearance is usually associated with cheap Chinese vinyls being passed off as "high quality".

Personally, I'd do, a quick hard pass on the job. Let someone else have the headaches.
Cheers :toasting: