• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vacation Time - Gulf Shores Alabama Here I Come

idsignsil

Ok, so I am not leaving until Sunday the 10th, but I wanted to put this out before I left. I will be flying down and staying on the beach on the Alabama side of the Florida/Alabama line. When we walk on the beach we cross over into Florida. This will be our second time down in 3 years.

Anyway, are there any of you in the area that would recommend any restaurants?

Also, any shops with in an hour drive that would allow me to come by and talk shop? Maybe see how you guys do things down south...

Thanks,
Chad

Moze

Precision Sign Services
We spent some time in Daphne and Fair Hope and went to Old Bay Steamer. It was really good at the time.

...just went to get the link and it looks like they closed down.

visual800

for a fun time and good food, The Hangout is good. Breakfast in the mornings definitely Hazels cafe.

Jillbeans

Have fun.
But the grandma in me wants to tell you that announcing you're leaving town on an open forum means that maybe some nefarious robber will pay you a visit.
Love....Jill

idsignsil

Jill, thanks for looking out for me. As far as the business goes, there are still 5 other people working including the 2 owners, (I am the graphic designer/print manager/installer), but there is another guy who can manage while I am gone. I have neighbors looking after the house.

Visual - I will have to check out Hazels. We usually go to Cafe Beignet, doughnut puffs with powdered sugar, they are delicious.

GoodPeopleFlags

I lived in Gulf Shores from 2005 - 2008. Worked at Signs Plus in Foley, about 5 miles before you get to Gulf Shores. I'd say stop in but I'm not there anymore and the owner isn't a member here.

Visit the Wharf while you're there. It's on Canal Rd on the way to Orange Beach. Great shopping, restaurants, an ampitheater and a HUGE ferris wheel!

thewood

I haven't been there in years, but what a gorgeous area. I really need to get down there soon.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have fun and don't ruin your vacation by checking in here from time to time............ :Big Laugh​

SD&F

I hope you have a great trip. I got away back in December for a few days and there
is absolutley nothing that makes you feel better than the warmer climate, sand and sea.

petesign

Go get drunk at the florabama. I have some stories I could tell about that place... if I could just remember them.

C

ColoPrinthead

I hope you have a great vacation, I am jealous. I need a vacation soon but have to wait until the end of the month.

Post some pics for us when you get back if you take any.

idsignsil

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
BlueFish - I went to the Wharf the last time I was down there, I remember the big ferris wheel
Petesign - I have also been drunk at the florabama, the walk to the condo is two buildings to the Alabama side, so I made it back in one piece.