• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vaccuum not working?

Sparky

On my FC700 (64") i am getting inconsistent cuts across the cutting plane. Sometimes the depth will be great and then others it is way to deep and goes through the paper, then it will just barely touch the surface - ALL ON THE SAME JOB.

Is it possible the vacuum is out and the vinyl doesn't get sucked down? That makes sense for the penetrating cuts, but then the cuts that don't quite have the force to get through the vinyl.

Thanks in advance if you have some advice!

Case

Firmware version 1.9 addresses this issue on the 64" FC7000(non mk2)... What version of firmware are you at? If you are not at 1.9, you need to get it...If you can't locate it, I can help you with that when I'm in...

Case

P

ProWraps™

Didn't know the machine had a vacuum....???

yup sure does. even my lynx s60 has a vacuum. case, if i have the non mk2 version of the 7000-130 should i worry about upping my firmware?

Case

what version is the firmware at? I can tell you if it will resolve an issue you may be encountering....

case

P

ProWraps™

ill check it a soon as i get into the shop.. only problems we have so far is that the contour cut is about 1/16" off. and the fact that we have to keep switching from hp-gl to gp-gl to use cutmaster. but thats no biggie. thanks for the help. much appriciated.

Case

yeah, unfortunately Onyx(cut-server), flexi, omega, etc... communicate with the HPGL language and the cutting master plug-in communicates with the GPGL language... No quick fix there... Your cuts are a 1/16 off huh? Have you tried :
Setting the AXIS OFFSET ADJUSTMENT (Method 2)??? Look it up in your user's guide on your cd or download it off graphtec's website... you should be able to adjust that cut being off... basically when you do this, you load a sheet of paper in your plotter...(you have the fiber tip marker loaded during this)... you go into the axis offset adjustment.... method 2... it draws a cross mark and then it scans it withe RMS... (it tells you to change pens so you can distinguish where it draws a second cross mark but you don't have to, just makes it easier to see)......then if it is off you can adjust it in the x and y directions... this has solved a lot of peoples issues with their contours being off... look it up in the manual, i may not be explaining it in english very good...lol

i would also say many times if it's not broke don't fix it, but i recommend going to the latest version of 1.9 firmware on the FC7000 series and going to 3.51 on the FC7000mk2 series.

case

P

ProWraps™

case, i was not aware of that setting. i will do that tomorrow for sure. thanks a ton for the suggestion.