Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacuum table

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by jayhawksigns, Aug 12, 2005.

1. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Has anyone here made their own vacuum hold down table for their router??

Of course I am planning on making it using the router, but I didn't know if anyone would have any suggestions, or plans for one that they have made, that they would be willing to share. The dealer we got our router through was supposed to send us a .tap file all ready to drop in the router and go, but for some reason hasn't gotten around to it yet.

So far we have just been clamping the wood/aluminum/alumacore to the table, but with doing the HDU signs and building a dust collector to go around the router the clamps are going to have to go bye bye. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Matthew, I think that Erinie from Balch Signs may have built one. Do a search he may have posted some information here.

3. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
  4. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Thanks for the link, Ernie and I both have the same router too. I sent an email but I don't know if it went through, I'll see if he responds and I might send him another just in case.