• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Value Jet 1604 after heater platten

J Hill Designs

Just a guess, but...

open the beast up, check for voltage to heater elements. yes? heater element issue -- replace | no? heater control board issue

imagepro

imagepro

Went to use this morning and machine would not warm up to print. Noticed the after heater was not hot the other two were. Turned after heater off and it printed.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are two heating elements in the front heater. I doubt they both would fail at the same time unless it was a heater control board or heater relay board going bad. Check to see if one side of the heater seems to be warming up. If so it could be the thermistor which is a cheap and easy fix. If you know how to use electronic testing equipment, you can test the thermistors by squeezing it between your fingers and testing the resistance. Your reading should change fairly rapidly. If it only slightly changes or not at all, the thermistor is bad.

LenXIII

I know this might seem like common sense but check the cord. Does it say "warming up" on the control panel of the printer but just sits there forever? If the power cord is plugged in to the heater port but just a little loose it will not work. Also replace the cord with a spare just to be sure. This is assuming you don't want to test all of the voltages first like they mentioned.