• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Value Jet refillable ink cartridges...confused

benski

Hey there

Been printing for quite some time now and have 5 large printers from epsons mutohs and roland.
I have always been able to buy refillable ink cartridges and reset the chips on them. My dye sub mutoh rj900 does not even have any chips.

My latest purchase is a (used) vj 1304. New to eco solvent stuff. My ink cartridges have cards on the back with chips. Really struggling to find a way to buy my own ink in bulk and refill cartridges. Cannot find any details on this. The cartridges I do find have no chips. Are chips a must? Why sell them if they cannot be used?
Read about decryption cards? Not sure where they go. If anyone can point me in the right direction that be appreciated. Last thing. How long will be current cartridges with cards last for before my printer will not recognize them? Thanks!!

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
Yes, smartcards are needed. If you want, you can see my post for making a never ending smartcards on mutoh. proces is very cheap and easy, if you need some helps, I am here for you.

Umca

No, cards will not needed if you will unlock the printer. It is easy and possible to do remotely.

benski

Yes, smartcards are needed. If you want, you can see my post for making a never ending smartcards on mutoh. proces is very cheap and easy, if you need some helps, I am here for you.

yes can you please point me to your post? sounds what Im looking for thanks!

Umca

The procedire is very easy. One guy is unlocked my printer.
You have to use Mutoh Service Accistance (MSA) and download printer's identifier.
Than he create unlock file from that identifier. And you will upload unlock file to printer.
Smartcards not needed anymore after this procedure.
I can share contact if you want.

0igo

Yeah unlock your printer. I had the bulk in system and it gave me tons of problems. I have old ink cards still new I can sell to you for cheap. And also old cartridges but they have to be cleaned out.

I got my printer unlocked and it was the best thing. No problems after that. Cost was like $600 usd

Umca

That guy unlocked me twice cheaper. But it was about 3 yeasrs ago. I am not sure about actual price.

benski

The procedire is very easy. One guy is unlocked my printer.
You have to use Mutoh Service Accistance (MSA) and download printer's identifier.
Than he create unlock file from that identifier. And you will upload unlock file to printer.
Smartcards not needed anymore after this procedure.
I can share contact if you want.
Yes please can you share. If it can be done remotely I'm interested. Thanks

benski

Yeah unlock your printer. I had the bulk in system and it gave me tons of problems. I have old ink cards still new I can sell to you for cheap. And also old cartridges but they have to be cleaned out.

I got my printer unlocked and it was the best thing. No problems after that. Cost was like $600 usd
I purchased new cartridges but I have no cards. Didn't know at the time I needed cards. I'm guessing these cards are 1 time use correct? Let me know if you'd sell just cards until I get my printer unlocked.

0igo

I purchased new cartridges but I have no cards. Didn't know at the time I needed cards. I'm guessing these cards are 1 time use correct? Let me know if you'd sell just cards until I get my printer unlocked.
Yes I can sell you cards! $15? They're 1L cards. But I still have codes for new unused cards if you want less. Send me a message