• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Value of a used Summa

CES020

Any idea what the value of a working T1300 - 48" is? Assuming it's about 10 years old. Is it worth anything? Anything I should know about it? Good plotter? Lots of problems? Someone's offered me one for sale. I don't need a plotter, but I'd like to have the 48" so I could use it a couple times a year for larger stuff.

I haven't seen it, I'm only told that it was working when they used it last and it's been replaced, so it's sat. It's about 10 years old. That's all I know at this point.

Any ideas or feedback?

BadAss

Summas are awesome, even the older ones. A little harder to register if doing print & Cut but still very good equipment. But I would probably try to keep the price down as a new 54" with the OPUS registration is $5000 I can't really say a price as we are in an open forum and not sure what the others would say, But... Depends on what it can do to boost your sales and time...M*

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Summa Information

Hello,

I wanted to provide more information on this plotter for you to check out. Here's a link to some additional information for you to review -

http://www.summa.be/download/ss_t_en.pdf

As for the value, that will vary based on a quite a few factors, such as age, condition, etc., so it's hard to pinpoint an exact value.

The plotter is a fantastic machine, and if properly maintained, could be a real work horse in your shop.

In any event, I hope this information is useful for you.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Best,

Phil

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
We own a T1010 that is approx. 16 years old.
We have had it rebuilt twice.
Rock solid, fast and accurate.
Absolutely love our plotter.
:rock-n-roll:

visualeyez

We have a T1010 that is at least 12 years old with no major work. I recently replaced the cutting strip and changed the settings on the head force as it is now in need of replacement. But the band-aid should last another few months. Then it will probably be replaced by a second printer/cutter.

jayhawksigns

We had a T1010 for ten years, its started acting up and we upgraded to a S140T. I didn't even look at the "competition" when we replaced it, I like what I like.

Still have the T1010 sitting in a corner.

CES020

No OPOS. We picked it up and it appears to move fine. I haven't installed any drivers or hooked it to a computer yet, but it finds the media, zips around and comes home just fine.

I got nothing with it, so I'm not exactly sure of the essentials. I am looking at a manual online, but it appears to be a little newer, as this one doesn't have a USB port. I am assuming I need that tool to align and press the cutter blade into the holder. The cutting strips looks good. The belt seems fine, but stiff. Probably wouldn't hurt to put a new belt on it at some point.

Anything else I need? It's missing the cutter you slide across to cut the vinyl off. Is that a good thing to have, or do most people toss that and use a razor knife?

ColesCreations

Hi.

You can download a manual and drivers from summausa.com, as well as Summa Cuttercontrol software.

No difference usb or not, works just as good on serial.

Cutoff knife just on newer ones, get a 3m plastic cutoff knife, I hate knife scratches.

Belt is not stiff, its tight. lasts forever. Cutting strips are cheap.

You don't need any tools. Install a knife and cut anything you want it to. Good luck!

CES020

Thanks- this is a model T1300, but I can't find that model listed anywhere in the manual or anything else on their site. It's like it didn't exist. I see a 1200 and a 1400, but never mention of a 1300. Wonder what happened to the 1300? :)

ColesCreations

Just download the stuff for the 1400, probably the same exact thing except the width.

We had the old Durasign 140T, but it was identical to the newer SUmmaSign T1600 Pro except usb.