• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VALUECUT II 1800 DOES NOT READ AAS

lbpalm

I have a new VCII 1800 that thus far has been a worthless investment.
Not to mention customers wondering why I can't get their work out.

1. I cannot get AAS to recognize the alignment marks.
In Flexi:
- Tried small marks.
- Tried large marks.
Nothing works.

2. Setting the AAS length/width scale to the factory calibration (as found on the bottom of the machine.
- Calibration label says: Length: 500/499.1 & Width: 500/500.2
..When I put in the recommended settings it takes the settings but when I go back into that menu item, the settings are back at 500/500 for both.
Is that the way it is supposed to work?

By comparison, when I put in the AAS offset at the factory settings of x: -1.45 y: -.01 the settings are retained and can be viewed when reentering that menu item.

3. Last, no matter which way I turn the blade adjuster I cannot get a kiss cut on the paper.
- The blade adjustment menu item seems to complete successfully, but using the factory speed/pressure settings the resulting cuts are very shallow.

I am getting ready to fix up the old Kona cutter.
Better to struggle with it than go insane with the so-far worthless near $5K Valuecut junker.

Anyone?

125975-633352302992680d9d33164545c697cd.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9275[1].JPG
    IMG_9275[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 493
Last edited:

henryp

Not to mention customers wondering why I can't get their work out.

1. I cannot get AAS to recognize the alignment marks.
In Flexi:
- Tried small marks.
- Tried large marks.
Nothing works.

2. Setting the AAS length/width scale to the factory calibration (as found on the bottom of the machine.
..When I put in the recommended settings it takes the settings but when I go back into that menu item, the settings are back at 500/500 for both.

By comparison, when I put in the AAS offset at the factory settings of x: -1.45 y: -.01 the settings are retained and can be viewed when reentering that menu item.

3. Last, no matter which way I turn the blade adjuster I cannot get a kiss cut on the paper.
- The blade adjustment menu item seems to complete successfully, but using the factory speed/pressure settings the resulting cuts are very shallow.

I am getting ready to fix up the old Kona cutter.
Better to struggle with it than go insane with the so-far worthless near $5K Valuecut junker.

Anyone?

125975-633352302992680d9d33164545c697cd.jpg

Have you spoken to the dealer you bought the cutter from? Dealer should at least train you how to use the cutter and if there is something wrong with it, they should repair it under warranty.

RustyNZ

Yes, that is normal that the settings do not show when you go back in there but they are saved in the machine.

lbpalm

Thanks.
Appreciate your response!
- I was able to get the machine straightened out with help from Fellers support.

Kipp

I have a Roland cutter and only on certain jobs it gives me AAS detect fail, how did you fix?