• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1204 48" print

mcgrawdesigns

I know that this has been discussed on here before and someone did reply with an answer to this question - how do you print a full 48" wide on the Mutoh Valuejet 1204? I am RIPing from Flexi 8.6 v1 and using media that is 50" wide. Before anybody jumps down my throat, I have done numerous searches for the answer, and while I have found mention of printing a full 48", I have not found the exact answer with printer setup information. As I recall someone posted about being able to print a full 48" by using a particular printer setting/speed, etc. (I don't know if this is done in Production Manager, or on the printer menu itself) If anyone is willing to share this information and, any specifics, I would greatly appreciate it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I know that this has been discussed on here before and someone did reply with an answer to this question - how do you print a full 48" wide on the Mutoh Valuejet 1204? I am RIPing from Flexi 8.6 v1 and using media that is 50" wide. Before anybody jumps down my throat, I have done numerous searches for the answer, and while I have found mention of printing a full 48", I have not found the exact answer with printer setup information. As I recall someone posted about being able to print a full 48" by using a particular printer setting/speed, etc. (I don't know if this is done in Production Manager, or on the printer menu itself) If anyone is willing to share this information and, any specifics, I would greatly appreciate it.

This unit only prints a full 48" in unidirectional mode only. Bi-directional prints about 47.25". Why this is I can't say, only that it is.

mcgrawdesigns

Thanks Guys, that was quick. So do I simply go into my production manager and set my print mode to a unidirectional profile? Like Quality 3 which is 720 x 720 dpi, 8 pass (Uni-D) for example. Do I need to change any settings on the printer itself to achieve this?