• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help ValueJet 1204 not laying ink

Ryan M

Several weeks ago we had issues when one yellow line became backed up with black ink. We flushed the lines of all inks and air and replaced flushing pad and wiper while we were at it. We were able to print fine for a couple of weeks. Last week we had some more time on our hands so we checked the dampers again and cleaned the head and everything was flowing fine, did not change out any dampers. Now it will not lay any ink down at all. I have never taken the printer head off before and was thinking I did something wrong when reassembling everything. Should there be a solid 'click' or snap when we reattach the head to the damper unit?

I do know the maintenance station has never been replaced.

RG

When no ink comes out when printing, the first thing to check is always the head fuses. Does the pump suck ink through when you run a cleaning? How old is your printer? I replace my maintenance station about once a year. And, sometimes have to replace the cap top more than once a year. When putting a damper on the manifold, you should feel the resistance at first. Then, you should feel it slip all the way down. I don't ever remember hearing a "click" or a "snap" when I replace a damper. You really should put some cleaning fluid on the bottom of the damper before putting it on. This lets it slip on easier.

Ryan M

Not sure where the head fuses are located (new to this). The pump sounds like it is running during the cleaning cycle. However, we flushed all the lines and no ink is coming down the waste lines into the waste tray during a cleaning cycle, but I feel like there should be a build up somewhere. It sounds like regular maintenance was not a thing before I arrived so the cap top has not been replaced, ever as far as I know. From what you have said and what is happening with the capping station, the whole maintenance station may need to be changed. Can the pump make a sound and not perform the way it should?

RG

Yes, the pump can make its usual sounds and not perform the way it should. Take the cap top off and use a syringe to force cleaning fluid through the 2 pump tubes. If the fluid goes through, then do the same to the 2 tubes under the cap top. Use a syringe and force air through the "air-tube" that's under the cap top. None of these 5 tubes should be stopped up.

Ryan M

When we took the maintenance station off, the tubes going into the pump were completely clogged and had come off spraying a little bit of ink around. The tubes from the station to the waste bin were fine, in fact see through. So I imagine the pump has been bad for a while.

I still would like to check the fuses. Where are those located?

RG

The fuses are on the main board. Search this forum. There are some good pictures here somewhere. Do you have a Service Manual? If not PM me your email address and I can send you one later today or tonight. Gotta get to work now.

unmateria

Several weeks ago we had issues when one yellow line became backed up with black ink. We flushed the lines of all inks and air and replaced flushing pad and wiper while we were at it. We were able to print fine for a couple of weeks. Last week we had some more time on our hands so we checked the dampers again and cleaned the head and everything was flowing fine, did not change out any dampers. Now it will not lay any ink down at all. I have never taken the printer head off before and was thinking I did something wrong when reassembling everything. Should there be a solid 'click' or snap when we reattach the head to the damper unit?

I do know the maintenance station has never been replaced.
I would suck first with a syringe from the end of ink pump. If you dont get ink, capping station is not aligned ok with the head. But if you are not getting a single drop of ink in a nozzle check, first check fuse f2. If its blown, check head cables are perfectly sitted (look the pins and the contacts). Did you get any other error like 075?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

Ryan M

I PM'd you for the service manual. Thanks for your help! I finally got in touch with someone at Sign Warehouse and they told me to start with the maintenance station as well.

Ryan M

I would suck first with a syringe from the end of ink pump. If you dont get ink, capping station is not aligned ok with the head. But if you are not getting a single drop of ink in a nozzle check, first check fuse f2. If its blown, check head cables are perfectly sitted (look the pins and the contacts). Did you get any other error like 075?

I have not checked the fuses yet (not sure where they are) but we are not getting any error messages.

unmateria

I have not checked the fuses yet (not sure where they are) but we are not getting any error messages.
If its the first model, its a green smd fuse behind the block of transistor on the mainboard (looking from behind, the left one). Check that resistance is 0 to 0.06 ohms and not infinite. Its the main cause if 0 drops of ink after a nozzle check. Even with a bad cleaning station, you should get ink fired (unless u did a full cleaning with solvent). About what you say of no errors worry me. Did solvent or ink got in contact with cables?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
unmateria is spot on. Just a quick add. If your multi-meter has a continuity function it can be a lot better to test the fuse with. If there is continuity it will beep if not it won't beep. Makes it real simple.

Ryan M

If its the first model, its a green smd fuse behind the block of transistor on the mainboard (looking from behind, the left one). Check that resistance is 0 to 0.06 ohms and not infinite. Its the main cause if 0 drops of ink after a nozzle check. Even with a bad cleaning station, you should get ink fired (unless u did a full cleaning with solvent). About what you say of no errors worry me. Did solvent or ink got in contact with cables?

We are now getting a little bit of ink. There are no exposed cables and I don't see ink anywhere near the board so I doubt that would be a problem.

unmateria

We are now getting a little bit of ink. There are no exposed cables and I don't see ink anywhere near the board so I doubt that would be a problem.
Great :) that are really good news. then try to suck with a syringe from the pump exit (1ml or little less should be enough for test), and do a strong clean after that. Turn off the printer, start It with left, down, right Keys pressed do a full nozzle check from the adjustement menu and send a photo to us

sidcon

Hi, I have a question about what you asked "Did solvent or ink got in contact with cables?" if so what would have blown if not a fuse. A print carriage board? Im very curious on what would happen with this scenario