• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1204 please provide some insight

goforit14

Hi everyone thanks for all the help over the past time, im back at it again

i have a mutoh vj 1204 question . i lost one of the colors on the nozzle check (from ink starvation it seems) the damper was empty, pulled ink manually from the bottom of the damper to fill it somewhat. now i cant seem to get ink past the head not even pulling with a syringe from the bottom of the capping station. I pulled all my dampers now after putting them back i can get any colors to print.I cant pull ink thru manually either from the capping station.

does the print head work on gravity or does it have a "pumping" action when it fires

heres what i tried,

my capping station tubes where clogged , fixed that.

tried pulling ink with a syringe from the bottom of capping station no go

tried printing large blocks of cmyk i notice small lines like it wants to print but the ink jsut isnt there

thanks to anyone out there in advance. btw do you know if the head can be damaged from printing dry or possibly clogged ?

goforit14

Thanks for the reply heyskull, I had all colors gone after lifting off the dampers (looks like the ink was being pulled back to the cartridge. Turn out i had a mix of problems. ink starvation and an air leak in my cap top also the head misaligned when i pulled the dampers. I managed to pull ink thru with a syringe at least i have ink in the part of the head

do you know how to prime the dampers. do i pull ink one at a time for each color or do i have to connect both and at the same time. Or do i disconnect the line and pull from there and leave the dampers alone. ?