• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1204 sensors

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
it's not so much turning them off as fooling them.

For the cover I cut a couple of pieces of wood that fit into the slots at each side of the platen where the little plastic pieces on the cover make the interlock switches. That's what these things are called; interlocks. They don't have to be wood, these are just microswitches so most any convenient material will do. I just happened to have a piece of scrap wood that was exactly the right size. I cut a couple of pieces of duct tape to fit over the slots and hold the little wood blocks in place. Then I removed the plastic pieces from the cover, if memory serves they just pop off. Now the machine thinks the cover is closed no matter in what position the cover might be.My 1204 has had the cover interlocks defeated in exactly this was for years, I did exactly this about two days after I received the thing.

As far as the waste container, why would you want to run without it being in place? But if you must, have a look at the interlock mechanism there, it's probably a simple mechanical switch and figure out a way to force it into whatever position it would be when the wast container is in place.

It's brute force, not rocket surgery.

lucasdowden

Nice, I'll take a look at that...as for the waste station I converted it over to running into a bottle, I seem to always have ink everywhere. Trying to make it cleaner