• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet 1204 weird banding !

steviediff

Hi All,

Have a problem with my valuejet 1204, hoping somebody can shed some light!
It prints good for 2 inches and then shows some wave banding for 2 inches then good for 2 inches then banding waves for 2 inches and so on !!
Nozzles are fine, can't get my head round how it can be good for 2" the not the next 2" ??

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Your PF Encoder Disk or Sensor is dirty. It is located under the left end cover of the printer. Clean it with a lint free cloth and some isopropyl alcohol. Make sure not to bend it or scratch it. Also make sure you clean the part of the disk that is inside of the sensor.

steviediff

Nice one Chris, thanks mate... seems to have done the job,
I'm just about running 100% now. I have one more little problem.....!
As I print the first 12" from the right side is ok then for the next 20" there is
fuzziness around the print then the next 16" is ok....guessing it was possibly CR encoder but that has been cleaned previously with no change....I'm going to try again but do you have any other ideas?

Thaks again Mate