• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1304 / head strikes over and over again

GrantX01

Has anyone got a solution to why I am getting some many head strikes with my Valuejet 1304. The material is buckling in the back. I think it has something to do with my take up system but have not figured it out yet. Please help

randya

Load your media
Put a piece of masking tape on the heater platen, under the media so that the tape sticks out, put a mark on the tape at the edge of your media.

Use the control panel to feed out about 5 feet of media.

Your media should not skew from your mark.

If it does:

Load your media and drag out a couple of extra feet.

Put a glove on and apply a little tension on the media on the front heater.
Reach over the machine and roll the media back on the roll from the media holder hub or bar, this should straighten the media out.

If it only happens on long runs AND only when you use the take up:

Cut the corner off each side of your media, put your tape on the point and tape to the take up reel. This is your best change of getting it centered and to pull evenly.

There is an adjustment on the take up if the take up is pulling the media one side or the other.

GrantX01

Randy,

I will give some of this stuff a try. most of my job are long runs and the lifting of the corners from side to side has been my big issue. I have played with the adjustment and I have had hit and miss luck. I have been taping in the center but not on the sides like you recommended but I will give that a shot.

Thonks

jiarby

Maybe the take-up is not installed parallel?? Is that what you mean?? Or that the material is taped down kinda skewered?

randya

Could be either, or both.

There is a thumbscrew on the take up to adjust to parallel.

jiarby, you seemed to have lost your Avatar...