• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1304 wont print- it moves but nothing comes out

BOXOFIDEAS

Hey guys,
I bought a mutoh valuejet 1304 that was sitting for a year without being used. I unclogged the lines, soaked the head until cleaning solution was coming out nice and clean. After that, I pulled from the waste lines through the capping station. Everything was successful but still is not printing at all. I don't receive any errors and the head moves as if it was printing, but no ink comes out.

Does anyone have had the same issue? I don't know what else could be.

Help will be really appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You probably have a blown head fuse on the main board. You can try to solder one on yourself but I would recommend having a professional do it for you if you are uncomfortable. We have used MacMedia.com before with good results but are not affiliated with them.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is a bracket that the main board connects to which makes it easier to take out. Even though the cables are mostly labeled and color coded, take a picture before you take it out so that you don't miss something when putting it back in. The fuse is located near the edge of the board close to the transistors. The transistors stand up from the board and have large black heat sinks attached to them. Hope this helps!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We were pulling the mainboard out this moring on the same model 1304 ( You have to remove the rear cover completely, there are four boards. The very left one is the one you need to remove from the printer. Nope, you cannot test the fuse without removing the board from the printer, make sure to take a few photos before and after). We located three F2 fuses ( showed next to the fuse on the board) and one of them is bad, replaced with a new. Put the board back in, started up, still printing nothing. No erorr message, turn on and off fine. Remove the board again, fuses are tested okay. Data cable is new. Now we are thinking about it is the printhead.

We see two type of fuses on it. Maybe they were replaced since it is a used unit, cannot rule out which one is from the factory. (1) 750mA and (2) 2.5A. We replaced the 750mA to 1.6ma per macmedia. They are extremely knowledgable on repairing boards (macmedia.com).

A few fuses are coming in if anyone needs it.

BOXOFIDEAS: You can give me a call if you need a hand on this 949-209-7306 Francis

premiercolour

Merchant Member
f2 fuses were replaced. Not printing. Will have the mainboard checked out tomorrow and let everyone else knwos.

tint_zone

We had a same issue and replaced the fuse and it worked, the fuse located behind the heat sync its b itself