• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1324 and network

altereddezignz

Have a computer question. We are building a new building that is away from any of our internet or phone lines. We are trenching a 250 Ethernet line so we can plug into our router in the main building and have a internet connection on our computer in the new shop. Now with that being said the VJ1324 uses a static IP address to print from. How would i go about doing this since i dont have the ability to run the connection from the printer to the main router without running another 250ft line back to the main building?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Get a switch or router for the new building and connect your 250' line to it. I prefer the switch option. With a router you will have to set it up as an access point etc. Then you can connect your computer and printer to the switch which will allow internet access and printer connection.

You could also get another Ethernet card for the computer and use a cross over cable to connect the printer which basically makes an entire separate network just for the printer.

altereddezignz

Ill just go the switch route as i would like the ability to add another computer to the mix later if i want to and it would already be set up for that if i did the switch.

Thank you for the reply. I LOVE THIS FORUM lol...

jtinker

Owner
How is that printer by the way. I saw SID signs advertising it but havent seen any reviews anywhere. I was wondering what the quality is like.

altereddezignz

We bought it from a company that had only used it about 5 times in the month they had owned it and from looking the few peints and the one wrap it is awesome.

styleyouneed

i seen the sale too and we ordered the 1324 54" printer/cutter package and it comes this week. Interested in hearing how it works.