• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1324 broken chip?

tommythesignguy

Came into work this morning and powered our 1 year old printer up to have it give me a message: broken chip - then E079Err commu. "error code"
We have a ton of jobs on the line and I'm dead in the water. Merry Christmas though! Any one else had the same problem?
:omg2:

CS-SignSupply-TT

Tommy, is the error code isolated to one cartridge? For instance, can you remove and re-insert your cartridges and the error code disappear? OR, can you remove and re-insert the cartridges and the error code appear for one specific cartridge?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Error E079 Comm. means there is no communication between the mother board and the controller board inside of the printer or it is not proper communication. If you remove all of the cartridges does the printer power up without the E079 message?

tommythesignguy

I am talking with the tech from where I bought the machine - they are contacting Mutoh. I appreciate the help and responses and will definitely let you guys know something. It's scaring me!

tommythesignguy

Well, contacted Mutoh. Attempted to reload firmware and a .mlf file with no luck. the second file would not take so they are sending me out (next day) some type of circuit board. I may have to wait for a tech to come install it. Just glad it is under warranty although it is costing me down time.

tommythesignguy

Thanks to all for any input on getting my 1324 back up and running. Mutoh next day aired me a transistor board that took all of 5 minutes to install. I downloaded some firmware from their FTP site and I am back up and running! It's a great feeling when things go this smoothly instead of the nightmares that I often encounter. It's a great way to start the new year! Hope that all of my friends on here have a great year along with me!