• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1604 Error Code after replacing head - E085Err Head Heat

Londg Corp

Chris,

When I first had it all back together, I received a cable error. I put the old cables back on (with the right bends, so the cable ends were at the correct locations).
Then it showed the "E085Err Head Heat" error.
I put my old print head back on... no errors.

Now I'm not sure if I messed up the new print head, or if the new one isn't compatible with my printer.

The new print head came looking the same except the manifold is thicker. The company that I got it from said that the 1614 has a thinner manifold (like mine), but my 1604 should use the thicker one like what they sent. They said I could switch manifolds to make it fit in my machine.

The tag on my machine reads VJ-1604A. I'm not sure if the "A" at the end makes a difference or not.

I'm including a pic of the old and new printheads. The new one is on the right.

Thanks,
Paul
Yes the manifold is different,need cut some plastic

jhanson

One of the most important things to check with a Head Heat error is the FFC ribbon cable pair running to the head. If that is shorted for any reason, the machine will throw the error and potentially damage the head.

Basically, here's the troubleshooting workflow I'd suggest:

Replace FFC cables
Check fuse F2 and test
Replace head if needed
Check fuse F2 again before powering back on

SIDNEIOL

Suggestion

RJ-900 had the same code, it was only the spring cutter solenoid. Test by putting a tape on the lock that unlocks the whole print head .... slide starting position and do the test in case of functioning change this spring. (google translator):beer:beer:beer

jhanson

... cutter spring solenoid? Are you sure you're not talking about the E074 CR Current error? Because if that solenoid jams, it will throw a CR Overcurrent error.

I've never seen one throw a Head Heat error when the solenoid jams.

EcoPrint123

Big ooops! That is exactly what I did.

I had also purchased new cables, and didn't put the correct bends in them, and I got them on in reverse.

In doing this mistake, does anyone have experience to know exactly what damage this causes?
If it's the main board, can it be repaired?

Thanks very much for the help.
Please can anyone tell me where to purchase the dx5 printhead data cable. My plotter is mutoh valuejet 1304

josemanblan

One of the most important things to check with a Head Heat error is the FFC ribbon cable pair running to the head. If that is shorted for any reason, the machine will throw the error and potentially damage the head.

Basically, here's the troubleshooting workflow I'd suggest:

Replace FFC cables
Check fuse F2 and test
Replace head if needed
Check fuse F2 again before powering back on

hi friend i have same problem i need know where is F" fuse , thanks you

Dicky

I just replaced the print head and turned on the printer.
It initilized and then the the lights start flashing and it shows an error message. E085Err Head Heat

Anyone have an idea on this one?
Mine just did same error code! By the way...... I have kept the Mutoh 626 alive by taking the casing off and putting a fan blowing at the print head assembly.
I get about 8 minutes of print time. Let it stop give it a couple of minutes and print again!

Not really a good solution, but you know what it is like when you need to FINISH A JOB!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The fuse is located in the image below circled in green.

Head heat errors mean the head circuit is shorting out. Check all of your cables and connections to make sure they are perfect. Even a slightly crooked cable can cause this issue.

main-board.jpg