• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet 1604 - how to align nozzles

leerees

Can anybody tell me how you go about aligning the nozzles, when doing a nozzle check I've noticed that a few of the blacks are out of place. I went into the special menu and printed the nozzle check there and some lines are out aswell.

What is the procedure for realigning the nozzles?

there is no aligning of individual nozzles. If there are some that are out of line, then the nozzle is glogged. Clean your cap and wiper and run a cleaning.

randya

Sounds like deflected nozzles, usually due to damage or ink drying at the edge of the nozzle.

Head soak, head soak, head soak....

leerees

Are you sure there's no way to align, I thought that was what the alignment print in the technical menu was for, maybe its not the nozzles out but the head.

Cheers

Graphics2u

Are you sure there's no way to align, I thought that was what the alignment print in the technical menu was for, maybe its not the nozzles out but the head.

Cheers
I've never aligned my 1304 but what you're describing the alignment won't fix anyway. It sounds like it needs cleaned thoroughly. You may not get all them back it they are too badly clogged.

The alignment usually is for aligning the timing of when the nozzles fire as the head moves accross the printer. This is so that all colors are printed in the correct location relative to one another.

randya

Cheers

Timing adjustments are for entire Rows of nozzles not individual ones like you are describing.

I just had a tech come over and replace my head on my 1614...

Some nozzles were out so he took 99% isopropol alcohol with a lint free cloth and put it on the head for about 2 minutes... Cleared up a bit, but not enough.

He then took a syringe and filled it with alcohol as well. Then he disconnected the lines going to the print head. THan he forced the alcohol to flow through the head... This cleared out a lot more, but even after that, he could not get them all back, so had to replace the head.

You may want to try this... Only if your confident in what your doing. I found it very simple to do, but tedious and cumbersome.

randya

I just had a tech come over and replace my head on my 1614...

Some nozzles were out so he took 99% isopropol alcohol with a lint free cloth and put it on the head for about 2 minutes... Cleared up a bit, but not enough.

He then took a syringe and filled it with alcohol as well. Then he disconnected the lines going to the print head. THan he forced the alcohol to flow through the head... This cleared out a lot more, but even after that, he could not get them all back, so had to replace the head.

You may want to try this... Only if your confident in what your doing. I found it very simple to do, but tedious and cumbersome.

Use care when forcing ink through the head, you can damage the piezo's.

Alcohol will work, but the Cleaning solution from the cleaning cartridges or from your Mutoh dealer works faster and better.

Use care when forcing ink through the head, you can damage the piezo's.

Alcohol will work, but the Cleaning solution from the cleaning cartridges or from your Mutoh dealer works faster and better.

What are piezos Randy? Like I said, my tech did this. I would not feel confident in doing this unless I absolutely had to and was way out of warranty.