• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1604 Maintenance

Oska

So I have been running this ValueJet for about 2.5 years and it has never really ran into problems (very reliable machine)

I have noticed in the past 6 months though that a lot of the ink that wiped from the head ends up on either side of the wiping rubber.

I have been scooping out this gunk in a regular basis but sometimes production runs for days and there is no time to stop the machine for that.

The maintenance instructions indicate that the front of the wiper must be cleaned (and they have been) but I don't know if this over spill of ink may cause problems in the future...

Take a look at the pic. I the indicated area is where the waste ink is ending up...

Let me know of any thoughts please. I called Mutoh support and he simply said to keep doing the indicated maintenance but I know too well that sometimes you need to do a lot more.

Thanks everyone!
:Canada 2:

Attachments

• 100_0426 b.jpg
    100_0426 b.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 63

randya

Clean it.
Be careful with how much cleaner you drip, so take it slow.
My happiest customers keep their machines in like new condition.
If you are good, you can remove it and clean it well.

Oska

Should I try to get in there more? like for example, remove the panel?
I've been pulling out gunk with spongy q-tips (no lint) but ya... I understand what you mean by keeping it clean, the rest of the machine looks like new except for that part and it's bugging me.

Thanks

randya

If you take it apart, take lots of pictures so you know how to put it back together.
If you already have 2.5 years on the capping station, I would replace it.