• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1604/One9060

bwizz

Hello from the UK :peace!:
we have got a Oce9060 with turn out is a rebranded valuejet 1604. Never used this type of machine before and seeking advice/help. My understanding after reading the not so helpful manual is that each material will need its own media type on the machine for the pf ajustment? (dont quite understand the micro ajustment yet) and the RIP (onyx or caldera) will overide the "graphic" setting on the machine i.e graphic, quality, bi/uni directional ect. Is this correct?

bwizz

Thanks for confirming. Having done a 500mm PF ajustment using a steel ruler and a digital caliper to get it as precise as possible i still see some tiny bit of banding on different materials. I guess its time for a micro ajustment. And tips on what to look for on a micro feed ajustment?

artbot

"banding" is one or a combination of things. common banding is because your media is being advanced at an incorrect rate. but also, banding can because by "beading" (not enough dot gain of your ink, thus the strips of ink repell away from each other). and "bleading" the ink having too much dot gain and flowing into rows. heat settings, ink loads, media types all can adjust for these other forms of banding.

randya

Thanks for confirming. Having done a 500mm PF ajustment using a steel ruler and a digital caliper to get it as precise as possible i still see some tiny bit of banding on different materials. I guess its time for a micro ajustment. And tips on what to look for on a micro feed ajustment?

The micro adjustment on this model is a bit confusing and hard to read.
You might try a different wave form, but as artbot points out it may actually be media/profile.

Profile is typical if the banding is only in dark colors.