• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1604 Prints Greys all wrong

heyskull

We have a Valuejet 1604 and when printing greys they have a red tinge to them!
It is even worse when it fades through Grey to Black.
Is there anyway so that it just prints Black knocking off Cyan, Magenta and Yellow.
We are using Wasatch 6.2 RIP
The file has been originally made in Signlab 7.1 but has also been remade using Coreldraw and illustrator but still prints the same.
I have tried every profile I have with no luck!!!

HELP

Sean

Compilla

We have a Valuejet 1604 and when printing greys they have a red tinge to them!
It is even worse when it fades through Grey to Black.
Is there anyway so that it just prints Black knocking off Cyan, Magenta and Yellow.
We are using Wasatch 6.2 RIP
The file has been originally made in Signlab 7.1 but has also been remade using Coreldraw and illustrator but still prints the same.
I have tried every profile I have with no luck!!!

HELP

Sean

Profile, profile & profile

heyskull

Profile, profile & profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

I have tried all my profiles!!!!!:frustrated:

How do I go about making new ones and if I make new ones this will muck up all the previous things I have printed!
I know that if you adjust it in one place it mends one problem and creates another.

I have just printed it directly from Signlab and it prints perfect.!!!:clapping:
I never print from Signlab as there is too many things to adjust on Signlab and I have had enough problems using Signlab. I may have found the only usefull thing Signlab can print without making the colours all wrong.

I would rather print from Wasatch as everything has gone through this RIP and it is way better than Signlab.

Compilla

Profile, profile & profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

I have tried all my profiles!!!!!:frustrated:

I would rather print from Wasatch as everything has gone through this RIP and it is way better than Signlab.

Profiling outdoor media is still a bit of an artform. No way I can tell you from here...

Arstron

When it prints with the red tint, are you printing in cmyk or rgb? Set Black to 100% and cmy to 0% should be all you need to get a great black...

luggnut

Arstron are you saying in cmyk that if you put %100blk and 0% on the others it only prints with blk ink?
plus with the gradient from blk to gry don't all RIPs use more colors than blk to make the fade? so thats where making your own profiles come into play?
i know neutral gray is next to impossible for me, but i use provided profiles.

ChiknNutz

Unless you've set up a color-swap in your RIP, 100% K will NOT produce a good black! You either need to specify a "built-black" in the design or swap our 100%k in the RIP. We typically use something like C50 M50 Y50 K100 for a nice rich "built-black" but you can adjust some of those to better suit.

Greys ARE tough to get right and it really comes down to how well the profile was made. Almost all colors are bits of CMYK to some degree. The color mixture you specify in the design is very likely only moderatly close to the actual mixture used to create the color on the vinyl.

luggnut

GXsign that is what i thought ... what you put into your design is translated at the RIP according to the profile.. so grays are very profile dependent.

Replicator

Print out a color chart for your particular media and

then pull the gray you want from that chart file to your print,

works every time . . . EASY !

heyskull

Sadly I think what the problem is I have a light grey that fades into Black.
I hate messing with profiles as it causes problems with other colours.
I have set the print of as a RGB, CMYK I have made it into a bitmap and imported it as a different file and still it won't print right in Wasatch.
Is there any way of switching my Valuejet 1604 so it will just print black just like my desktop printer?