• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1604

k6media

Got a black head on our new machine that seams to have one of the nozzle strips that doesn't seam to be firing correctly. Ran all test we can think of but no go. Also did a 100% K. and it's not solid. Help..

jiarby

could it be clogged, or do you think it is an encoder strip? Maybe a bionic power head wash would do the job. my money is on the encoder.

k6media

or a quick how-to, for the "encoder" would help a bunch. New to this and not quite up to speed with it yet.

johnnysigns

an encoder strip prob is typically a single line that's perpendicular to the platen. was there a head strike?

Compilla

Got a black head on our new machine that seams to have one of the nozzle strips that doesn't seam to be firing correctly. Ran all test we can think of but no go. Also did a 100% K. and it's not solid. Help..

Since this is a "new" machine, why do not you contact your dealer ?

randya

A new machine, out of the box?
Does not sound like it got inked up completely.

There is only 1 head on the Valuejet 1604.

Do what Compilla says......

jiarby

I was suggesting a headwash to get things nice and lubed up, then reload inks. If it is electronic this will not fix anything, of course.

jiarby

Put a lint cloth with cleaning fluid ontop of the capping station and park the head there to wet the nozzles does wonders...