• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet 1614 dual channel dampers

Digiprint

hi all, just a quick question.

the valuejet uses 4 dampers each with 2 channels. Due to various reasons, i would like to swap them for single large capacity dampers. Is this possible? or is the machine designed to use only the dual channel dampers. if so can i use dx4 dampers

thanks and good day

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You could use the large dampers that the 1604 used but I can't think of why you would want to other than maybe price? The problem you will run into is the lines will be too short so you would have to lengthen them which causes way more of a headache than just getting the dampers it's supposed to use. If you don't want to pay the $125+ per damper from Mutoh, check out ours Dual Channel Damper. They are the same damper for much cheaper.

Digiprint

one of the reasons, for want of change, is that i have been using the cheaper damper, and after a while the rubber gasket, detaches from the damper body, and $600 for a set of damper really is expensive.