• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1614 head position

CheapVehicleWrap

I know most people print with the head in the high position. Do you lower the head when not in use? Does it properly seal into the capping station when in high or should it be lowered?

jay*doc

I actually print everything but banners in the low position, I've noticed it gets slightly hazy around colors when printing with a high head height.

How many other people are printing on vinyl with the high head height? Now I'm curious if I've been missing something.

And to answer your question, I leave it in the low head height when I'm not using ours.

Peterpan

Hello,

as i know you should print thin materials in low head position.
This makes the printing more accurate.
The high position is only for thick materials.

When you power off the VJ 1614 it prompts to lower the head, if it is in high position, otherwise it doesn't power off.

Regards :thumb:

CheapVehicleWrap

I never turn mine off though. And I raise the rollers...which and who knows why...delays the cleaning cycle until the rollers are down....

Peterpan

Hello again,

The manual at page 116, write
"Step 2 : Verify that the media hold lever is lowered"

Perhaps the machine check the position of the media hold lever before perform the head cleaning. In case is up it wait until the lever go down.

CheapVehicleWrap

In order for the cleaning cycle to commence, the lever must be down. Why would anyone leave the rollers down when the machine is idle?

My original question restated is those that print in the upper head position (apparently most), do you lower the head (for possibly proper cap sealing) when it's idle or no?

Stealth Ryder

In order for the cleaning cycle to commence, the lever must be down. Why would anyone leave the rollers down when the machine is idle?

My original question restated is those that print in the upper head position (apparently most), do you lower the head (for possibly proper cap sealing) when it's idle or no?

The answer to your question is very simply Yes...